Search squid archive

Re: missing username in squid log

On 10/11/2011 9:12 p.m., Giovanni Rosini (personale) wrote:
I've created a hotspot system using chillispot, freeradius, mysql and squid. Thru chillispot's captive portal, username and password are sent to freeradius for authentication.
After authentication, squid registers web pages requested by users.
My problem is that in access.log i can't see information about users, i.e for each page requested i see the url, ip address and other data, but not the username the user is logged in. It's not a problem of LOGFORMAT , i've tried all the possibilities about it.
Is there a way to solve this problem?

Please provide some info about the squid version being used, and the config you are using in Squid to retrieve the username (auth_param or external_acl_type? with what http_access rules?).

Amos