Search squid archive

Re: Prefer IPv4 or IPv6 connectivity

On 10/29/11 17:58, Will Roberts wrote:
On 10/29/2011 10:50 AM, Martin Birgmeier wrote:
I have full IPv4/IPv6 connectivity - with a glitch: one host which
announces both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses can in fact only be reached over
IPv4.

How do I configure squid to try only the IPv4 address for this host?

You can specify the host's IP address in either your system hosts file or a hosts file specific to squid. Though if it changes you'll have to remember you've done that.

Another option it to use tcp_outgoing_address <your IPv4 address> <acl>

Where the acl could be something like:

acl brokenipv6 dstdomain brokendomain.com

--Will

Hmmm... the first method will give me the next headache when the target's IP address changes.

The second method does not work because I have a dynamic IP address.

Any further alternatives?

Regards,

Martin