Search squid archive

RE: empty acl

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 21:11:50 +0100, zongo saiba wrote:
Amos,

Thanks for your reply.
I have deleted the ad_block.txt and downloaded it again
I have chown the file to squid user and chmod 777 that file to make
sure that there is no permissions issue. I have done the same thing
for temp_ad_ in /temp directory.
Still, I get the same error message as below which I do not get on
Linux for some reasons.
I believe the error occurs when the script asked squid to reconfigure
"squid -k reconfigure"  as you rightfully mentioned below.
All the access are correct. So that would leave me with the other
option you talked about in your reply which is "file is empty" when
script runs "squid -k reconfigure". There I have to admit I am lost.
Did I over look something or may be the syntax of the acl below is not
working in FreeBSD ?

Kind Regards,

a "warning: empty ACL: acl ads
dstdom_regex "/usr/local/etc/squid/ad.block.txt everytime I run the
script that enables the refresh of the ad.block.txt file

#!/bin/bash
## get new ad server list
/usr/local/bin/wget -O /tmp/temp_ad_file \

http://pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/serverlist.php?hostformat=squid-dstdom-regex;showintro=0

Ew! the contents of that file are badly de-optimized.

The whole lot seem to be dstdom_regex is only useful if the right-hand side of the domain needs some regex pattern match applied (eg (^|\.)example\.(com|net|org|co\.[a-z]+?)$ ) and none of the entries seem to meet that criteria.

I'd suggest pulling from the clean version of the list and scripting a loop to add '.' in front of each line. Which is the dstdomain form of wildcard, instead of converting to a wildcard regex syntax.

wget -O /tmp/temp_ad_file http://pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/serverlist.php?hostformat=nohtml

  cat /tmp/temp_ad_file | while read domain; do
    echo ".${domain}" >>/tmp/ad_block.txt
  done

  mv /tmp/ad_block.txt /usr/local/etc/squid/ad_block.txt

With that done the result can be loaded into a *dstdomain* ACL type for more efficient matching.

Amos