Search squid archive

Re: problem with java

-----Original Message-----
From: Amos Jeffries

On 07/10/11 01:04, Anders.Larsson wrote:
Hi!

I got a setup with squid 2.7 ntlm_auth havp clam ufdbguard and got problem with some sites that hav java.

I pinned it down by remove ntlm havp ufdb clam
And removed every acl we got.. just a base one allow all.
If I surf without proxy it works.

Can it be something with UTF8 BOM ?

No. The server for the site is producing an ETag: (*unique* object ID)
which is identical for at least two non-identical binary objects at each
of those listed URLs.

The only thing you can do is report it to the webmaster.

On 08/10/11 01:22, Anders.Larsson wrote:
> So this issue is will remain if i upgrade to 3.1 ? :)
> I don't think hotmail will listen to fix this in there webserver because I got same problem with hotmail.com

Could be your problem is something else then. Or that a new broken version of Java is making the rounds. Or some intercepting software is incorrectly compressing things. Just saying that ETag issue is all I could see on those provided URLs. Its likely to be the trigger, since a web server claiming that gzipped content is identical to plain text is bound to produce external software to fail somewhere.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.12