Search squid archive

Re: forward and reverse proxy with squid 3.2

On 17/09/11 01:48, Dean Weimer wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Erich Titl [mailto:erich.titl@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 8:28 AM
To: squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  forward and reverse proxy with squid 3.2

Hi Dean

at 16.09.2011 15:12, Dean Weimer wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Erich Titl [mailto:erich.titl@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 3:35 AM
To: squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  forward and reverse proxy with squid 3.2

Hi Folks

I need to replace my squid proxy running on a Debian Lenny, because
the
version provided does not handle ssl.

I managed with some tweaks to the makefile (especially for the link
phase) to compile 3.2.0.11, the configuration changes though apear
make it impossible to run a normal and reverse proxy in the same
instance.

I copied most of the configuration files from the old installation,
hoping they would not to be too different.

My new installation runs fine as a normal proxy, as soon as I
include
the reverse proxy configuration, everything is sent to the peer
mentioned there.

There are some strange behaviours we are straightening out in 3.2 beta series at the moment after a TCP connection re-write in 3.2.0.9.

Please try 3.2.0.12 beta which is now released. If that still has problems you may need to use 3.2.0.8 beta which has several happy users. Or the stable production series 3.1.15.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.12