Search squid archive

Re: Wrong country recognition on websites after Squid configured as transparent proxy

On 12.09.11 22:37, Piotr Pawlowski wrote:
I've configured Squid as transparent proxy on my linux-based router.
Everything is working fine, but one thing is really bothering me.
After entering any website, my public IP is recognized as it becomes
from US. I.e. currency on international shops becomes US dollar ; some
wordpress statistics applications gives our IP US flag in graphical
access_log presentation. Im sure, that problem is in Squid, because
when I temporary disable http via Squid, everything is working fine.
Does anybody knows why this happens? How to configure Squid to
represent all http requests as they belong to originate country
(Poland, to be more specific).

I'd like to see all your HTTP request headers.
Try visiting  http://www.ericgiguere.com/tools/http-header-viewer.html
with and without squid, that could tell us more.

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Your mouse has moved. Windows NT will now restart for changes to take