Search squid archive

Re: 301 redirection with Squid based on URL (is Squirm the fastest way?)

On 15/09/11 23:20, Manuel wrote:
I am using Squid 2.6 as a reverse proxy. I am receiving all the traffic from
several domain names (.com .org etc.) but the website is always the same. I
would like to have only one domain (specially for SEO reasons) so I would
like Squid to redirect those domains with a 301 Moved Permanently HTTP
header to the main one. Note that I also want to redirect internal pages.
What is the best way (taking into consideration performance and speed) to do
so? Squirm?

Fastest would be deny_info. With no helper lookup delays at all.
In 2.6 (and up to 3.1 really) it can only bounce to a fixed URL. ie the front page of the main site. So it is up to you whether its worth that for the speed or a redirector helper like squirm for flexibility.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.11