Search squid archive

Re: Reverse proxy Authentication

On 10/09/11 06:04, senthil kumar wrote:
Hello Team,

I have configured reverse proxy in squid with 3 cache_peers and
enabled basic authentication.

When i visit each sub domain the authentication prompt appears , i
need to get authenticated only one, is it possible?

As I keep saying, popup is 100% purely a browser thing.

They have to be careful and bind credentials to the domain name to prevent your sites login credentials being sent to places like embedded advertisers. The most you can do is ensure that the realm value sent to the broser is exactly the same for all your domains and hope they use realm and domain prefixing to hint at the decision.

The popup is unrelated to what is going on to Squid other than that it is a good sign the browser has no clue where or how to get credentials that will work. Their final resort of last choice is to annoy the user and ask what credentials are to be used.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.11