Search squid archive

Re: Squid Unable to Serve While Rebuilding Disk Cache After Unclean Shutdown

On Wed, 7 Sep 2011, Adam Vollrath wrote:

Is there a way I can configure squid to ignore an inconsistent cache? Or
have it somehow serve requests while rebuilding?  I could add something
like `rm /var/spool/squid3/*` to the init script, but that'd be terribly
kludgey.

I think you'll have to live with kludgey.

I'd recommend something like this, though, to minimize the delay getting squid up and running:

  mv /var/spool/squid3 /var/spool/squid3-corrupt-`date +%s`
  mkdir /var/spool/squid3
  rm -rf /var/spool/squid3-corrupt* &
  # ...proceed with normal startup process

 jhardin@xxxxxxxxxx    FALaholic #11174     pgpk -a jhardin@xxxxxxxxxx
  People seem to have this obsession with objects and tools as being
  dangerous in and of themselves, as though a weapon will act of its
  own accord to cause harm. A weapon is just a force multiplier. It's
  *humans* that are (or are not) dangerous.
 10 days until the 224th anniversary of the signing of the U.S. Constitution