Search squid archive

Re: squid authentication with sqlite

On Wed, 7 Sep 2011 23:12:46 +0200, abderrahmane abdmeziane wrote:
hey,did squid work with sqlite authentication ?,i see in squid_db_auth
file :my $dsn = "DBI:mysql:database=squid";
so i change it my $dsn = "DBI:sqlite:database=squid"; i create the
squid database and passwd table,it dosen't work i put the squid
database file with squid_db_auth ,not working ! can somone help
please.thanks

You need the DBI::* perl driver installed, and apparently the DSN driver names are case sensitive. The tutorials all use "SQLite". It could be either of these problems or a problem locating the file. The helper will dump details to cache.log when run under Squid or to the terminal when run manually. NP: it only connects on first lookup, so when testing via command line press enter at least once.

I've added a bit of extra help to the error message to display the available drivers in future. It can be applied to the basic_db_auth helper script already installed to gain that ability immediately: (just waiting on the mirrors to pick it up) http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.HEAD/changesets/squid-3-11714.patch

When using it, run the helper on command line and pressing enter will fail and show you what drivers are available. If "SQLite" is missing you need to install that Perl module.

Amos