Search squid archive

Re: Logging/Capturing POST data

On 02/09/11 02:04, Will Roberts wrote:
On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 1:10 AM, Amos Jeffries<squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Before you go any further. Why? "I'd like to" is nowhere near good enough
reason to touch or even look at that data.

I suppose "because I said so" isn't good enough either? :)

Seriously though, what I'm trying to do is record a browsing session
so that it can be replayed at a later date for testing. So I need to
be able to record everything the browser is sending so that I can
replicate it. I was trying to use squid simply because I'm already
using it as a normal proxy and saw what I wanted as being an extension
of that functionality. I realize that squid might not be the best tool
for this task and if you still think I'm being silly I'll look at
other tools.

The best tool for that job would be tcpdump or similar. For both capture and replay.

If you can cope with a rough sanitized version of the traffic that squid handles once the parser has polished it and access controls have done all their bits. ICAP and eCAP would be the next best tools. There are interfaces for them directly after http_access controls and before cache on replies.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.10