Search squid archive

Re: Reverse proxy to govern access to an internal website.

On Thu, 1 Sep 2011 08:36:30 +1000, Christian Purnomo wrote:
Hi All

We have a 3rd party application running on an internal webserver. The
server & application is a blackbox to us which we don't have any
control on.

We would like to be able to 'govern' access to certain path of the
website and have been looking if Squid can help us with this.

Certainly can.

Ideally a simple username/password (ncsa based) is sufficient and we
would need to be able to map the authenticated user whether they have
access to certain path of the website, i.e.
our.internal.ip.address/path/subdirectory1

The squid ACL documentation is here:
 http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl

You need to read the sections 1 through 11.

Amos