Search squid archive

Re: squid performance tunning

On 19/08/11 02:10, Chen Bangzhong wrote:
thanks.

Before I try the gateway squid solution, I want to change one of my
squid to use memory cache only. I have 16GB RAM. now cache_mem is set
to 5GB.

I will try to increase it to 12GB and set cache_dir to null schma. I
do this because I am sure that my hot objects can be saved in RAM,
non-hot objects created by robots will stale  and the memory will be
reused.

Is that all I need to set squid to be a memory cache?

You have squid-3.1, so only comment out the cache_dir lines and set cache_mem to something large. null dir schema no longer exists.

Remember that cache_mem still has an index to account for and the usual active traffic buffering stays present. Also that reconfigure will wipe the RAM cache to empty.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.10