Search squid archive

Re: dynamic url based proxy redirect

On 23/07/11 07:53, Renjith T wrote:
For a particular use case of ours - we are looking a scenario, where if
the url matches a particular pattern
http://myproxy.mysite.com/a/<rest_of_uri> , we would like to route the
traffic to a given set of proxies behind the scenes, (and similarly, a
different set of proxies for a different site pattern as well).

Let me know if / how that is possible, in terms of squid conf. to begin
with. Thanks !

Yes. Details on configuring a cache hierarchy are here:
 http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/CacheHierarchy

You need to add to that cache_peer_access and an ACL to do the URL test and decide which peers the request may go to. It is easiest is the "site pattern" as you call it is separated by sub-domains. dstdomain ACL type is faster than url_regex which would include that /a/ piece.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.9