Search squid archive

Re: Squid ReverseProxy with vhost vport - Problem

On 22/07/11 22:30, Amos Jeffries wrote:
On 22/07/11 18:24, tim.schmeling@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Amos,

thanks for your answer.

Every time we 'fix' this we get complaints from people wanting the
opposite behaviour or suddenly getting breakage. We for now have this
behaviour: Squid should obey Host: port when "vport" is given, and
ignore it when vport is omitted (using http_port value if none is pulled

Oops. Typed that around the wrong way. Should have said:
ignore Host: port when "vport" is given, and use it
... etc

in indirectly by vhost anyway), and override/replace it when "vport=N"
is given.

So your config tells Squid to use what Pound supplies (default 80). You
can avoid that by either getting Pound to stop adding the unusual port
to the header, or using vport=80 in squid.

Ahh ok, so it must be work, when i put vport=3007 and vport=3008 in my
config, right?

Correct it is supposed to work.

So, but this doesn´t work. In the cache.log i can see that squid try to
connect to sub3007 which resolved to 127.0.0.1 by etc/hosts to port 80.

I´m very confused about the situation that my config works with squid2.

Looks like a regression bug. The squid-3 code seems to skip over the
vport when vhost or defaultsite is configured.

Amos

Fixed it. The patch is at http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.HEAD/changesets/squid-3-11575.patch

It does not apply cleanly to 3.1 series, but the section relevant to vhost seems to succeed so it should work for you despite the rejects.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.9