Search squid archive

Re: Question about Connection: keep-alive and Proxy-Connection: keep-alive

On 19/07/11 19:19, Silamael wrote:
Hello there,

We have some application encountering problems if it's communicating via
Squid:
- the application sends a HTTP/1.1 HEAD-Request with Proxy-Connection:
keep-alive set
- Squid then forwards the request to the server with Connection: keep-alive
- the server replies with the headers and a Connection: close header -
Squid returns the response with only Proxy-Connection: keep-alive to the
client which afterwards hangs

Is that the correct behavior or have we encountered a problem with Squid
itself?

Both Squid and the app are slightly broken.

The Proxy-Connection headers are not supposed to be sent. Your app and squid are both supposed to send only Connection: and accept either Proxy-Connection: or Connection: back.

There are some versions of Squid-3 prior to 3.1.7 which unfortunately send Proxy-Connection so it will be around for a while. If you have one please upgrade or apply patch:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.1/changesets/squid-3.1-10067.patch

Amos
--
Please be using