Search squid archive

RE: ext4 vs reiserfs

> Dear all,
>
> I don't know to use which ext4 stable or reiserFS for squid.
> Which has high performance?

I think reiserFS is not a wise choice.

- Its user base is limited and becoming less and less
- It had corruption issues in the past (especially with postfix)
- No vendor supports it
- Its creator is in jail for killing his mail-order bride.

I will give examples from my usage when I was looking for a file system to process many files (200 million) on an SSD.

1,000,000 50Kb files delete operation (rm -Rf on directory):

NTFS: 7 minutes
ext3: 8 minutes
ext4: 12 seconds

I don't have squid caching, however on heavy filesystem activities I use exclusively ext4 since couple of years. Had no issues at all. It is default on many distros including RHEL6. So it is better to stick with it.

Jenny