Search squid archive

Re: Should I see a massive slowdown when chaining squid => privoxy

sichent <sichent@xxxxxxx> writes:

>> Setup: Gentoo linux OS on squid and privoxy home lan server
>>         Squid-3.1.12
>>         privoxy-3.0.17
>>
>> I'm not running an html server, just trying to use squid and privoxy
>> for my own browsing.
>>

> Why not to use ICAP or URL rewriter functionality built into Squid to
> achieve the same results as privoxy instead of having this "chaining"
> setup?

Well for starts, I'd be jumping off into stuff I know nothing about
and more than likely end up spending way more time than I should on
it.

I don't know much about squid and privoxy either but at least have
tinkered with them several times over the years.