Search squid archive

Re: cache_peer causes 'https proxy request speaking HTTP to HTTPS port' error

On 27/05/11 03:50, Stephan HÃgel wrote:
Is xxx.xxx.xxx.xx the IPs of the peer? or some other place in public DNS?

It's the correct peer IP.

FYI: We fixed the handshake bug by opening a socket to the peer then if the
peer was an origin with the right port number, passing the socket to the
DIRECT packet handling code for the SSL handshake. It's possible that code
set "DIRECT" flag on the request for logging. Or that peer selection is
still blocking the origin peer somehow despite the port match.

Hmm. How can I determine if peer selection is blocking the origin peer?

Squid logs the peer selection details at debug level 44,3. Its a bit obtuse in most releases so far.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1