Search squid archive

Re: help with squid setup

On 26/05/11 20:48, Camilo Cadena wrote:
hi, my name is Camilo and i'm just finish my quid configuration and
iptables.

the thing is, i have an ubuntu server 10.4 with squid in it and a
router 3G. So, first i build my wifi network, after that i setup an
ip static address for my server, and at the end i install squid. When
i use an apple device (macbookpro, macbook, iphone, ipad etc) i can
connect them to the wifi network and navigate the intertnet, but if i
use any other device as client, like Samsung Galaxy or computer with
windows i have no internet connection, so i have to open mozilla and
give it the proxy ipaddress and port to use, 3128. The proxy server
is transparent.

Maybe you can help me, i don't understand the reason of this, all
apple products works fine, but any other products don't.

Thank you very much Camilo

We are going to need details about what Squid configuration and iptables configuration you used. That might lead to other questions, but will be a start.

Also, its best not to use the term "transparent". There are many different and confusing meanings to the word.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1