Search squid archive

external_acl_type helper and it's cache

Hello,

Could anybody explain me how does work caching in external helper mechanism?

I use suiqd3 (3.1.6) on debian.

I've wrote simple helper - it make sql query to sqlide db - something like that:

helper.sh:
#!/bin/sh

while read a; do
x=`sqlite /etc/squid3/db.sql "select * from user where login=\"$a\";"`

if [ -n "$x" ] ; then
    echo 'OK'
   else
    echo 'Err'
   fi

And in squid.conf I have:
external_acl_type logins %LOGIN /opt/squid/helper.sh
acl logins_acl external login

And so on.

In general - it works fine. If someone is in my database - traffic is
allowed, if not - denied.
But when I make update into my database, I have to restart whole squid
to see changes. Is it possible to make it work without restarting
squid?

Regards
Rafal