Search squid archive

Re: Block HTTPS website

Thanks, Could you send me a procedure on how to do this via Redhat box firewall.

Regards,
Malvin

On 5/23/2011 8:04 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
On 23/05/11 22:15, Malvin Rito wrote:
Thanks Amos. By the way my squid is currently setup as a Transparent
Proxy do you think it will block HTTPS connections? How?

Yes. In a manner of speaking anyway.

Intercepting HTTPS into the proxy will break low-level details of the SSL. The request will be "blocked" by SSL failures. Squid requires some advanced and dangerous config to make HTTPS interception work (barely).

With a transparent interception proxy your firewall is the place to be blocking HTTPS traffic.

Amos