Search squid archive

about chroot

I'm right now installing my Debian 6, next will be install Squid
3.1.12, so Amos, I suppose we are in peace, lol. I like to enhance my
security with a chroot, but reading in internet the information it's
no too much, only see this in all the comments:

"if you use a HTTP port less than 1024 and try to reconfigure, you may
get an error saying that Squid can not open the port."

So I want to know if the effort will really worth, and how the hell I
will reconfigure squid in chroot?

Thanks again !!!