Search squid archive

Re: you cache is running out of filedescriptors in ubuntu

On Tue, 10 May 2011 16:10:38 -0400, Carlos Manuel Trepeu Pupo wrote:
Hi I have down all my work, I find some information to fix this but
tell me modify /etc/default/squid and I don't have this file, what
could I do? It's urgent !!!! I have squid 3.0 STABLE1

Create the file if missing. It is an optional user-override config file.

For 3.0 you need to add the ./configure --with-filedescriptors=NUMBER option. Where NUMBER is something big enough not to die under your traffic load. You also need to run "ulimit -n NUMBER" before starting Squid every time.

The FD overflow could also be *two* of those "fixed" bugs I warned you about the other day...

3.0 have issues with too many persistent connection FD being held. Which can overflow the FD limits on certain types of traffic behaviour.

3.0 and early 3.1 have issues with connection garbage objects being released very late in the transaction, which can waste FD.

Amos