Search squid archive

Re: Effort for port 3.1 to windows?

> the main problem with a proxy server is the RealTime of it and a VM
> as proxy can work in almost RT response time and in many case will
> be enough.
> but it's not a solution for a RT server on an ISP class or
> ENTERPRISE CLASS.

Well you probably right but... in these kinds of environments then (if it is windows of course...) the better idea would be to use the Forefront TMG or ISA from Microsoft.. and costs does not matter there much i guess...

> many users already have a running windows machine and installing VM
> on them will mean risking the machine functions response time
> and other complicating some system issues.

ok :)

> and also i must say that if a linux program can make it to the
> windows world it means a lot for the programmers.
+1

Well if you finally manage to build the latest binaries we will happily build an MSI for them... as we are also quite interested in 3+ squid capabilities (namely ICAP)

best regards,
sich