Search squid archive

Re: RE: "Access denied" pages for HTTPS requests

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 16:49:28 -0700 (PDT), Supadee718 wrote:
Squid *is* sending the error page response back. However, there were some security vulnerabilities and at least one virus discovered a while back
involving the way the popular browsers display such pages. So they
disabled
it.

The 307 status code was created for non-GET redirects. Use that and as the browsers gain support for it your site will start to work. Hopefully some
may already.

Amos,

Has there been a work around for this issue that I can use in 2.7 and 2.5, to enable it to display my error page when pages not on my whitelist are accessed via port 443/SSL. It works fine for HTTP and it is allow HTTPS pages through that are on my whitelist. Elmar is the same issue I have.

2.6+ using a redirector may send the 307 status code.

I'm not sure about 2.5, it may pre-date the redirect feature. If it can send the status back, then it too will work.

Amos