Search squid archive

Re: Squid WCCP and filters rules

On 31/03/11 03:04, gael therond wrote:

    The way the "cache" access control is currently implemented in Squid
    it does not play nice for reply-based non-caching. That needs to be
    fixed, but there are other storage and handling problems holding us up.

    For now the refresh_pattern can be used to discard non-cacheables
    based on URL regex patterns. Sadly *after* they are already on disk.
    Just set the three time parameters to "0 0% 0" with a lot of the
    override-* options.

    You could also try setting a maximum object size on disk cached
    objects, flv/swf videos tend to be 2MB-50MB.

    FWIW: You have not actually said it but I get the impression you are
    struggling with speed problems handling the videos flowing through,
    yes? All of the Squid-3.x have shown slowdowns whether caching was
    enabled or not.

    Amos

HI Amos,

Well, globally, I think I'll just made a file which will contain a list
of dstdomain to deny in cache.
Bind with refresh_pattern condition, this should be great.

About the last point:

Nop, I'm not facing any slowdown on my squid.
The respond time to download the Youtube's video is quite close from the
original total time which is needed when you made download without squid.

For your information, my squid is currently set like that:

http://pastebin.com/1HjANua8

Just let me know if you saw something wrong ;)

> Currently our squid is quite well working.

Sure:
  acl streaming_media dstdomain *.youtube.com

dstdomain treats "*" as an exact character. This ACL is not working. Which means youtube stuff *is* being cached currently. Given that it appears to be working well right now you may want to drop the youtube stuff. See if it works better with that dstdomain written:
  acl streaming_media dstdomain .youtube.com .googlevideo.com
  acl streaming_media dstdomain .video.google.com

(these are the youtube domain names I know of)

Also, putting your security protection rules LAST means they have no effect.

 http_access deny !Safe_Ports
 http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_Ports
 http_access deny all

... Internal clients have unlimited open-proxy access to anywhere for anything. Move those Safe_Ports and CONNECT rules up above the general network allow, preferably to the top of the http_access list.

cache_store_log is usually not needed, you can probably remove that entry from the config file and save a fair chunk of disk IO.

Using "http_port 3128 transparent" I realy hope you block external access to that port:
  iptables -t mangle -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 3128 -j DROP

(or similar for other firewalls. The port ONLY needs to be used internally by the NAT module and Squid).

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.5