Search squid archive

Compile from scratch with same config that original RHEL5.5 package

Hi,

How can I compile latest version of squid, but maintaining same directory structure that original package of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5?

I've compiled version 3.2.0.5 of squid and all its files are inside of: /usr/local/squid, not respecting the correct directory structure of general linux applications (example, squid has it's own var directory inside of /usr/local/squid)

Regards,
F.J