Search squid archive

Re: documentation for --enable-forw-via-db

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 18:31:48 -0700 (PDT), david@xxxxxxx wrote:
On Mon, 21 Mar 2011, Amos Jeffries wrote:

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 17:01:05 -0700 (PDT), david@xxxxxxx wrote:
I see this config option in 3.2, but searching for this string (or
subsets of it) on the wiki isn't finding anything.
what does this option do?
David Lang

"Enable forw/via database" :)

The forw/via database stores a copy of every unique Via: and X-Forwarded-For: header which passes through Squid, along with a count of how many time it was seen. This gets reset/emptied on log rotate.

The lists are viewable with the via_headers and forw_headers cache manager reports. Current squid do not use the DB for anything.

thanks, where should I have looked to find this in the documentation/wiki?

I don't think it is documented. I had to read the code to figure out what was using the configure option.

Amos