Search squid archive

Re: Time-based shift of bandwidth from delay pool

On 03/19/2011 12:51 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
On 19/03/11 07:37, Dayo Adewunmi wrote:
Hi

I've got a number of delay pools,one of which is only really used during
daytime.
Is there anyway for me to take the bandwidth allocated to that daytime
pool and assign it to the other pools?

Not as such. Pools do not "hold" any particular bandwidth. They are simply speed-caps on what a particular request may used for its duration (some milliseconds).

It sounds like you want one set of pools during daytime and one set during non-daytime.

Amos
That's probably the most straightforward way of implementing this, a daytime and a non-daytime set. Thanks! :-)

Dayo