Search squid archive

Re: Squid in HA.

Hey Guys,

Could you confirm what would be the scenario for Squid working in HA ?.,
That depends on your setup ... we have squid running in a resource group with winbind (for authorization against AD), the respective internal gateway IP, and pingd resources that monitor external access and DNS resolution. If one of these resources fails to run or the internet/DNS is not reachable, the whole group will migrate to the second server. Setups are identical otherwise, we synchronize configuration files of squid etc via separate methodds (rsync via ssh), so we do not need to use a distributed filesystem for this. This is a version 1 heartbeat setup; we are currently experimenting with pacemaker and corosync but are still struggling to put everything together on a CentOS 5.5 box.

HTH,
Jakob Curdes