Search squid archive

Re: Problem accessing a special website using squid

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 21:31:51 +0100, Axel Schneck wrote:
Hi,
I'm new here, so I hope it's the right place for my help request.

Using squid on a SLES10SP3 I have problems accessing a special website.

Everything is working using squid, but when trying to go to

            http://www.bvmw.de

first several seconds nothing happens and the I get a message that
the site cannot be reached/viewed.
The real error is browser dependent different.

German MSIE says: Die Webseite kann nicht angezeigt werden.
Firefox says:
Content-Encoding-Fehler
Die Webseite, die Sie Ãffnen mÃchten, kann nicht angezeigt werden, da
sie eine ungÃltige oder unbekannte Form der Kompression verwendet.

Using the same clients and browsers, but dont use squid as proxy I
can access this page.
So it seems a problem with squid.

Is there a way to fix it?
Squid version is: squid-2.5.STABLE12-18.13.982.2.1

Axel

http://redbot.org/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bvmw.de

PROBLEM: "The resource doesn't send Vary consistently."

This means that the website is presenting gzip content as plain-text and vice versa. When these broken objects get cached they get sent to the wrong clients.

You could try an upgrade of Squid. 2.6 and 2.7 offer the http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/broken_vary_encoding/ directive.

Amos