Search squid archive

Re: FW: Configuring SQUID in Windows to authenticate with Active Directory

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 17:08:54 -0700, Liyanage, Lakshman wrote:
Hello All,

I am trying configure SQUID 2.7 in Windows 2008 R2 (Sometime ago,
then I had to postpone the project for a while) and I posted my cry
for help here -  for which Rafal responded (see below).

However, I can not see squid_kerb_auth helper  in my SQUID
installation.  Ho do I get this?

When Squid runs directly on Windows use the SSPI helpers to access the system auth interfaces directly.

In this case 2.7 bundles with mswin_auth (Basic), mswin_ntlm_auth (NTLM) and mswin_negotiate_auth (Kerberos). Windows does not offer Digest auth natively.

For Win2k8 server support you will likely need the latest bundles from squid.acmeconsulting.it.

Amos