Search squid archive

Re: squidguard

On 11/03/11 07:35, childrenofchaos@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello All,

i hope, this Mailing list can handle my Problem,

i installed squid 2.7 from apt and squidGuard (apt)

i setup squidGard as redirector with "url_rewrite_program /usr/bin/squidGuard" and "url_rewrite_children 5"
Squid ist running with user and group "proxy"

I tested squidGuardin the interactive Mode
www.example.net 192.168.0.22 - -

and i get the Page which show the client, that he isnÂt permitted to view this req. Page.

i did "chown proxy.proxy /var/lib/squidGuard/ -R"

but why does squid doesnt redirect the Client?

"www.example.net" is not a valid URL. It is missing the http:// parts and possibly also /path/to/file bits as well.

Also the chown -R option may require to be before the proxy.proxy parameter on some systems.
 ie chown -R proxy.proxy /var/lib/squidGuard/

Also Squid may not be running as proxy:proxy. Debian based systems (I am assuming due to your use of apt) it runs as just "proxy:" with no fixed group.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.5