Search squid archive

Re: Google Driving Me Crazy - Timezone

On 05/03/11 19:41, Jenny Lee wrote:

Hi Squid folks,

Is there a way to specify a different timezone in squid on http headers?

This google is returning me a different language version of their homepage (I am in the same timezone with that language).

I do not want to change system timezone, or squid logformat - error pages. I just want to send this google another timezone so it will return english google (I do not want to use /ncr).

Before they used to do it on IPs which is hte way it was supposed to be. Now apparently they use timezones which is a problem for proxy.

Where did you come across that idea?

HTTP uses Internet time and labels it as "GMT" where a timezone would go. There are no "real" timezones transmitted.

Either way redirects only affects visits to the generic "google.com" to a local server on the geographic region. You can use any ccTLD google server by name instead of the .com one.
  ie http://www.google.co.uk/ is in English

Amos
--
Please be using