Search squid archive

Re: debugging ERR_INVALID_REQ condition

Em 02/03/11 18:41, Amos Jeffries escreveu:

In the Log I spy "411 Length Required" being the status.

For a POST with no content-length header this is invalid according to HTTP/1.0 and extremely dangerous to permit.

HTTP/1.1 chunking makes this okay, I see the client has attempted to do that. Unfortunately squid-2.7 is HTTP/1.0 with basic support for a few 1.1 features and only really supports chunking on GET.

You could try altering the client app, so that it uses a HTTP/1.0 compliant request without chunking its POSTs. Or upgrading to squid-3.1.10 or later.

    Nice to hear that Amos, thanks for your analysis on the logs.

Well ... as this is a government software that i have to use, there's no chance to changing it to another one. It's nice to hear that it's not an invalid req, but it's being consider invalid because of the basic HTTP/1.1 squid 2.7 capabilities.

I'll try, on the first moment, to bypass those connections and do not let them get caught by transparent proxy rules. And i'll look for squid 3.1 .... it's already time for me to start studying/using 3.1.

    Thanks again for the infos.

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues