Search squid archive

Re: FQDNCache Hits 0?

On 21/02/11 18:32, Jose Nathaniel G. Nengasca wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone point me to a right direction on how to resolve this problem? I
have this on my cache manager,

FQDN Cache Statistics:
FQDNcache Entries: 3
FQDNcache Requests: 2095916
FQDNcache Hits: 0
FQDNcache Negative Hits: 0
FQDNcache Misses: 2095916
FQDN Cache Contents:

IP Cache Statistics:
IPcache Entries:  922
IPcache Requests: 1545769
IPcache Hits:            1360633
IPcache Negative Hits:       1519
IPcache Numeric Hits:        50311
IPcache Misses:          133306
IPcache Retrieved A:     381317
IPcache Retrieved AAAA:  0
IPcache Retrieved CNAME: 173864
IPcache CNAME-Only Response: 1
IPcache Invalid Request: 0

Where I should look to get a good FQDNCache Hits?

What version of Squid?

A few thoughts,

One that comes to mind immediately is a recently fixed bug which was causing IPcache/FQDNcache to become sparsely filled.
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.1/changesets/squid-3.1-10219.patch
I'm not sure if this affects Squid-2, possibly.

The other thought is that FQDNcache is rDNS. It is possible your rDNS results TTL are expiring before the lookups are performed twice. There is nothing to be done about that. It is neither

Then there is the less likely possibility that the FQDN cache is configured to have only a few entries.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.5