Search squid archive

Re: Squid ACLS help

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 11:47:50 -0600, jamesj wrote:
Hello,

Currently we are using squid to help do content filtering. We're setting up a public network which is on a segregated VLAN not able to access much
of anything on our internal network. We'd like it so that when a
connection to our squid box from the Public network comes through it
passes it without prompting for authentication, so dansguardian uses our
highest filtering level (non authenticated). I have the following ACL
above our required auth line acl badmonkey src 172.25.16.0/255.255.248.0
then

http_access allow badmonkey
acl ntlm proxy_auth REQUIRED

I don't know why this won't work in its self, anyone have any ideas?

Assuming that you have other ACLs below which make use of the auth ACL but none above it. Then yes that should work.

We will need to see the whole ACL and access configuration list to identify where the problem is.

Amos