Search squid archive

Re: yoube-URLs

On 26/01/11 22:32, John Doe wrote:
For example  access to this video  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLSFcF8SOiw
with an entry in  the url_regex-whitelist like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=aLSFcF8SOiw

This  does not work, I get no access to the video. I´ve now seen, that if I
access to  youtube, the log entry in the access log only contains a shot url
without the ID  of the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
After I´ve deleted the Video-ID in  the whitlist, the access to the whole
youtube-site works, so the whitelist and  the configuration of squid works.
Has anyone an idea, why squid ignores  the video-ID in urls, even in the
access.log ?

maybe you have strip_query_terms on...

Or the regex match is doing what you configured instead of what you want.

"?" and "." are a reserved characters in regex code syntax.

... "." code will be replaced with any character, so it will match text-"." silently and appear to be working even when unrelated problems are caused.

... "?" code will compact down to nothing. So will not match a URL containing text-"?" at the same position.

Also, the youtube "watch?" URLs are just human usable short links. The real video is at a completely different URL. http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/DynamicContent/YouTube has more background on that.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.4