Search squid archive

Re: RE: Help Cant update compiters using squid3

On 16/01/11 15:37, Shawn wrote:
I am still having issue with updating workstations using squid 3

I need to be able to do this via squid 3, becuase i do not allow any
port 80,21,443 traffic out at all.

Are you talking about Windows Update, Debian apt-get update, Centos yum update?

If so, you just have to allow http access to the relevant servers in squid.conf. You need to write rules to allow such sites. Squid doesn't natively know what you want.

If it's an issue with the firewall rules, just allow http/ftp/whatever on the firewall box only from the squid server. Then squid will control what the clients behind it are allowed to access. Squid cannot circumvent firewall rules - you need to be able to adjust these to suit your network.

Cheers

Alex