Search squid archive

Re: Re: Huge Cache / Memory Usage

On 26/12/10 02:23, divesh wrote:

I have experimented a way to Optimize Squid using RamDisk from the blog
given below:

Optimizing SQUID - (Part 1)
http://linuxcitizens.blogspot.com/2010/08/optimizing-squid-using-ramdisk-for.html

Optimizing SQUID - (Part 2)
http://linuxcitizens.blogspot.com/2010/09/optimizing-squid-part-2.html

The steps has improved the performance of the squid I am working on and even
internet access is faster until and unless the problem is at the ISP end.

Yes Squid will work with disks in any form accessible.

Just be aware that the symptoms described as that authors driving problem no longer exists in 3.1+ where objects no longer migrate one-way to slow disk.

Leaks and swapping problems leading to the same slowdown symptom are worsened by consuming RAM with a RAMDISK.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.3