Search squid archive

Having trouble denying http_access to the proxy

Greetings,

I seem to be having some trouble denying access to my proxy. I'm running squid 3.1.9. Here's the relevant part of my squid.conf:

	# my machine only
	acl myMachine src 10.8.144.43

	# some destination servers
	acl dest1 dst 10.8.110.13
	acl dest2 dst 10.8.110.14
	acl dest3 dst 10.10.12.213

	# allow access to the specified servers, deny to everything else
	http_access allow myMachine
	http_access allow dest1
	http_access allow dest2
	http_access allow dest3
	http_access deny all

	(I've commented out the "http_access allow localnet" and "http_access allow localhost" lines)

I'm connecting from 10.8.145.177 and the proxy seems to forward the requests just fine. Nothing is cached, because I have some other cache options in my file, but I'm wondering why the request isn't denied.

I also have some refresh_pattern options, but I believe those are only supposed to affect caching. Those should have no bearing on http access, correct?

I've looked through the docs, and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your time,

-Adam