Search squid archive

Re: priority rules in squid.conf

Em 22/11/10 10:01, Riccardo Castellani escreveu:
For precedence of evaluating rules, when I open my browser, what rule does
Squid analyze ?

I think rule 6, but how Squid knows if client have to use LDAP
Authentication or to look at in the file 'onlyforip' to grant Internet
access for IP Address ?
I think Squid first has to look at the rules 9 and 10, so I think there is
priority of rules which is not dependent from rules sequence ?!

I'd like solve my doubt

Rules are evaluated on the exact order you configure them in squid.conf. There's no magic and no trick envolved .... if you want some rule A to be evaluated before other rule B, simply put A before B on squid.conf.

If you want allow some IPs without authentication, simply put that rule(s) before the ones that requires authentication.

evaluation is linear, just order your rules logically to acchieve what you need.

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues

	gertrudes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx