Search squid archive

How can I control upload bw?

Hello.

I have probably posted about this before, if so, please excuse the redundancy on the topic.

I am wondering if there's a way of controlling the upload bandwidth with squid. I've tried for a while now to shape the traffic for our lan and provide each client with 512kbps/128kbps and can't get it done when squid is in the middle. I finally was able to control the download speed with tc and iptables on the POSTROUTING chain but, can't control the clients' upload. I've tried INPUT, PREROUTING but, nothing. I also gave access pools a shot but couldn't get it to control upload, it controls everything, for example if I set the individual pool it controls dl/up at that rate.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.