Search squid archive

Re: authentication switching

On 18/11/10 22:49, Mikio Kishi wrote:
Hi, Amos

Squid can offer both types. Configure two sets of auth_param in the
order you would prefer them to be used.

I know that.

auth_param ntlm program .....
auth_param basic program .....

The above parameters return the follwoing http reply.

HTTP/1.0 407 Proxy Authentication Required
Proxy-Authenticate: NTLM
Proxy-Authenticate: Basic realm="XXXXXXXXXXX"

It looks ok. But, InternetExplorer8 has never been trying Basic
authentication...
How can I let IE try Basic auth after NTLM auth failed ?

At the moment you can't, sorry. We don't have any patches of the feature needed to workaround the bugs in IE8 for this.

If you (or anyone) feels up to coding that feature I can spec out the requirements and audit the code produced, but don't have time myself yet to dedicate to it.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.3