Search squid archive

Re: R: [squid-users] LDAP authentication

"Riccardo Castellani" 11/17/2010 1:46 PM

I'm using Squid 2.7 Stable3 in my network where some clients are in
workgroup while others in MS domain.
I'm testing LDAP Authentication by Active Directory and It likes that
it
works!

I'd like allowing "web surfing" sequentially according to these rules:

rule 1:    by only IP ADDRESS
rule 2:    by Active Directory USER (user can navigate from any pc)
rule 3:    by Active Directory USER (user can navigate from specific
pc)

Rule 1 is for computers whicg are in workgroup, so there are only local

users.
Rule 2 is for computers in MS domain where every user MUST use his pc
Rule 3 is for computers in MS domain where "special users" (e.g.
director)
who can navigate from any pc.

Can Squid permit this behaviour ?

Yes.

On 18/11/10 19:52, Riccardo Castellani wrote:
> NO, IP Address is not stored into AD for a signed-in user.
> I keep 'acl src' into squid.conf for every IP which needs to go to Internet > and I allow it permission by 'http_access' directive; by this list I'm able
> to know what computers can surfing.

There is a MUCH easier way to do this. Lets gets your other "bizarre" problems fixed first then I'll describe it to you.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.3