Search squid archive

Re: Re: Multiple NICs

On 13/11/10 01:52, Nick Cairncross wrote:
Why such a thing against caching?
That is the #1 speed gain (about 3-4 orders of magnitude faster to fetch
something from RAM cache than the network).

It's nothing personal :) I'll be implementing it soon and wanted
concentrate on other areas first.

You could also possibly check and tune the DNS ipcache/fqdncache sizes

Is the DNS ipcache/fqdn a Squid setting or OS?

Squid. http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/ipcache_size/

same for *_high,  *_low and fqdn_* version of the three.

for more entries, and bump the auth cache size up enough to hold all
your user credentials.

Could you elaborate on the auth cache size - this sounds interesting. Is
that for all authenticated users, whether authed using the ntlm or
negotiate helper? I've searched around for more info but not had much luck
other than authenticate_ttl. Is it a tag?

For basic auth its credentialsttl for digest its the nonce_* settings.
They can be found in the example "Suggested Config" at http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/auth_param/

Amos
--
Please be using