Search squid archive

Re: Getting Groups from windows server authentication

On 12/11/10 18:49, viswanathan wrote:
Hi all

I am using squid 2.7 stable 7 and it authenticates with windows active
directory by using Samba smb_auth.
Now the authentication works fine for all users.
We want to filter websites on the basis of Organization unit (groups) in
Active directory.
Whether it is possible to fetch group name along with user name using
smb_auth?

No. The auth tests only provide true/false about whether the username + password blob is a valid combination. For groups testing you need external_acl_type helpers that use the username to find the group.

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Authenticate/NtlmWithGroups

Amos
--
Please be using