Search squid archive

Re: ACLs Implementation help

Yeah, I guess I am getting there.
Please look in-line...

>> How do I enforce password authentication ONLY ONCE for users to
>
> What do you mean by "ONLY ONCE"? A user can be authenticated or not, there is no multiple about it.
No continuous authentication required with every URL accessed or
re-directions once the first log-in is accepted.

>> internet access using file "passt"?
>> http_access allow passt net_ed Â?!
>
> With the above Squid will pull the auth details sent by the browser out of
> the request. If there are none it will skip the access line.
>
> You place the ACL of type proxy_auth (in this case "past") last on the line  to make Squid request credentials from the browser.

acl passt proxy_auth REQUIRED # Last ACL line; passt = ncsa authentication file
?!

http_access allow passt net_ed # Last http_access line; net_ed = my network
?!

--
Thank you and kind regards,

I.P.N Edmonds