Search squid archive

Re: Proxy & Redirection help

On 02/11/10 22:54, Edmonds Namasenda wrote:
Thank you, Amos.
More queries inline below.

        Hello All.
        I request for help using openSuSe 11.2, Squid 3.0 and Shorewall
        2.2.2

        My squid.conf ACLs.

        acl net_ed src 10.100.#.0/24 192.168.#.0/24 10.208.#.0/24    #
        The three
        networks
        acl whrs1 time MTWHF 9:00-12:59      # Morning time to limit some
        websites & control downloads
        acl whrs2 time MTWHF 13:00-16:59    # Afternoon time to limit some
        websites & control downloads
        acl nowww dstdomain "/etc/squid/noWWW"    # Path to file of
        limited websites
        acl nodwnld urlpath_regex "/etc/squid/noDWNLD"   # Path to file of
        controlled downloads

        My squid.conf http_access
        http_access deny nowww whrs1 whrs2
        http_access deny nodwnld whrs1 whrs2
        http_access allow net_ed

        Content in /etc/squid/noWWW

        Content in /etc/squid/noDWNLD
        \.exe$
        \.zip$
        \.gz$
        \.bz2$
        \.mp3$
        \.avi$
        \.mp4$
        \.mpg$
        \.mpeg$
        \.rar$
        \.ram$
        \.rpm$
        \.wav$
        \.cda$
        \.wma$
        \.wmv$
        \.flv$
        \.fla$

Are my ACLs and other setting okay?

    You seem to be asking how to bypass the proxy from inside. That is
    not possible. The firewall needs to do bypass before anything gets
    near the proxy.

I am using the same machine for firewall and proxy

    If you meant that some IPs need to get web access without the
    download and site restrictions. That is just an ACL listing the IPs
    and allowing them access first before applying the extra
    restrictions for others.

If I were to add ACLs with some an I.P Addresses to access the internet
without any restrictions, how can I go about that?

By creating ..

  # "an ACL listing the IPs ..."
  acl foo src ...

  # " ... and allowing them access first ..."
  http_access allow foo

  # " ... before applying the extra restrictions for others."
  http_access deny nowww whrs1 whrs2
  http_access deny nodwnld whrs1 whrs2
  http_access allow net_ed

    I have not used shorewall in over 5 years now. I find it's layered
    abstraction maps more confusing than the iptables commands. Sorry, I
    cant help with the specifics here.

If I were to switch to iptables, what is the procedure and or commands?

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept/LinuxRedirect
The example PREROUTING line that does "-s SQUIDIP ... -j ACCEPT" repeated as many times as IPs needing to bypass the proxy.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.2